Sunday, February 4, 2007

What's in the Learner's test?

Hi. I am writing my learners test on Friday and have no idea what to expect. Can you give me some idea as to what is asked, how many questions and how long I have to answer the test.

The learners licence test essentially consists of 68 questions of which the testing officer will do the first four questions with you as practice questions.

The questions are all multiple choice type questions where you choose A, B or C as being the answer. Some of these questions are also combination type questions.

You have one hour to complete the test.

The way to approach the test is to answer the questions at face value. In other words try not to analyze the questions; read the question as it is in its simplistic form and give a simplistic answer. Always remember to consider what is safe and what is legal when answering your questions.

The pass mark is 22/28 for rules of the road, 23/28 for signs and 6/8 for the controls of the vehicle.

The first 52 questions are general rule and sign questions. From there you would go to the section of the exam book where specific rule and sign, as well as the control questions are asked pertaining to the class of vehicle for which you are applying.

Good luck for the test!

5 comments:

  1. I need to know the procedure of applying to write my Learners, and which driving schools u recommend, in JHB CBD. I have applied for about 3 times, and never went to write cos I'm afraid I might fail. Please give me tips, and suggest whether I must get the K53 book, or do it via the driving school. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest that you order a copy of Learn2Drive3D. The whole procedure of applying for your test is laid out (there is a checklist where you can mark off items as you complete them). Also, all the content you need to study is included, along with mock tests that are marked in the same way as the Traffic Department ones. We say that if you pass the mock test on Learn2Drive3D at least 3 times you know you're ready to go for you real test.

    If you're using Learn2Drive3D to study for your Learners you don't need the book, and you don't need classes - everything you need for the Learners is covered.

    You can order the disc on the website at http://www.learn2drive3d.net

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i keep getting between 7 and 10 questions wrong when i do practice tests on the net.. should i be worried in my test? these tests are usually out of 50 or 60

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you should worry about is why the test you're doing on the net don't tell you whether you'd pass or fail overall! In the official test, it depends on the spread of your wrong answers - you can only get a certain number wrong in each section.

    Try Learn2Drive3D instead - when you do the test it gives you your score in each section, and whether or not you would have passed or failed.

    Order at http://www.learn2drive3d.net/Buyit/Orderdetails/tabid/110/Default.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  5. At school I'm really sharp but I failed my learner's test the first time 20/28 the rest I did very good, how do I tacked the 'rules of the road' questions?

    ReplyDelete