Sunday, January 14, 2007

How many lessons?

Hi John, my name is Andrew. I am currently at a driving school where my instructor has been telling me that I must do at least twenty driving lessons before I can do my drivers test. Is this true ?

Great to hear from you Andrew. For the record, the Road Traffic Act does not specify that you have to go for a certain amount of driving lessons. In fact the act does not specify that you have to go for driving lessons at all.
The reality of the situation however is that if you don’t go for driving lessons, you are not going to learn what is required for your drivers test, which means you will probably fail.

The amount of lessons will always depend on the individual concerned. Twenty lessons may in fact be a fair amount of lessons if you for example are a beginner driver. Never be afraid or shy to ask your instructor questions whatever it may be. Its about teamwork; so go out there and get that licence!

No comments:

Post a Comment